2-Day Tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites Kilwa Kisiwani and Songo Mnara
Kilwa Island and Songo Mnara ruins are one of the old historical sites in East and Central Africa.
Both ruins are situated on the small islands on the coast of Tanzania in Indian Ocean.
These ruins were used by European explorers, Arabian and Persian Merchants on the way to the southern part of Africa for search of gold, silver, diamond and other ornaments. This tour will take you to these islands to learn and explore the rich history of the islands and ruins.
- Pick from Dar es Salaam to Kilwa Masoko.
- Evening walk.
- Next day tour to Kilwa Kisiwani by boat.
- Combine tour to Songo Mnara by boat.
- Drive back to Dar es Salaam.
DAY 1: DAR ES SALAAM – KILWA MASOKO
What to do:
- Meet your driver and proceed to Kilwa Masoko.
- Distance 330km nearly 5-6 hours.
- Upon arrival check in at your hotel.
- Enjoy evening walking tour.
- Meals plan: dinner, breakfast and lunch.
- Overnight at Kimbilio Lodge.
DAY 2: KILWA KISIWANI
What to do:
- Morning breakfast as from 6am.
- Meet your guide at 7am and proceed to Kilwa Kisiwani.
- Enjoy 3 hours excursion.
- Lunch will be served at the island.
- Proceed to Masoko.
- Meet your driver and start driving to Dar es Salaam.