Day Trip to Mount Meru Trekking Tour
Day trip Mount Meru trekking tour will begin to Momella Gate (where you will start climbing with the help of an armed ranger, guide, and porters where you will come across elephants, zebras, giraffes, and monkeys), then continue to Mariakamba Hut (where you will have a clear view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone) and finish to Meriakamba (where you will possibly see the Kilimanjaro peak).
Mount Meru is the second tallest volcanic mountain in Tanzania: 4,562mt (14,968Frs) from the sea level. It is part of Arusha National park. This tour starts from Arusha to Mariakamba the first hut while trekking Meru for 3-4 days (link 4 Giorni trekking monte Meru).
Day trip to Mount Meru trekking tour, you will get the best view of both Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro the tallest mountain in Africa. Momella Lakes and Ngurdoto Crater are views from above. The trekking takes 5-6 hours while enjoying the spectacular views and landscapes. Buffalos, giraffes, warthogs, and wildebeests are highly spotted on the way.
FULL DAY MOUNT MERU
What to do:
- Pick up at 7am and start driving to Momella Gate.
- After registration proceed with trekking to Mariakamba Hut.
- Get the best view of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru.
- Stop for lunch at picnic site.
- Start walking slowly to the main gate.
- Visit the waterfall.
- Little game drive at Arusha National Park.
- Start driving back to Arusha.
- Transfer to your Hotel.